Sunday 27 May 2007

Training - Session Two

When I say training what I really mean is...

I drove the sixty odd miles to Salisbury on Saturday morning - I'd promised to get to Doyles and Jims (AKA: Swaff) for around 10am so I got there about 12 instead. I hate mornings. As it happened the boys had been out the night before and were still feeling the affects of their sillyness. Anyone whose ever been out on the town with these two will know exactly what I mean... They are VERY silly indeed!!

From their house we headed straight to the New Forrest so that we could pick up the bikes that we'd hired. By mistake we parked behind a pub and what with it being a nice sunny day and us all being hungry burgers and beverages were soon ordered. By the time we actually got to the bike hire place it was nearly 2 O'Clock so the kind lady behing the counter suggested that we try the 9 mile ride and shoved an A5 paper map into Swaffs hand. None of us had ridden a bike in over 10 years so 9 miles seemed, at the time, fine. (If I'm honest it sounded like touture - a couple of laps around the pub car park was more in line with my thinking!).

Suprisingly, we soon got into the swing of things and were shifting up and down through the gears like Mary Poppins as we whizzed past fields of cows and ponies.

Doyle and Swaff had already spotted on the map that there was a tea room on route which meant that ice cream was on Swaffs mind from early doors! Every time we go out he demands ice cream - and then he wonders why he's only allowed to play in goal?

Here's a few photos from the day...









No comments: